Yosemite West Property &
Membership in YWPHI is voluntary. Membership is open to any owner of record in Yosemite West (Member) and any full-time (non-transient) occupant of a single-family residence in Yosemite West (Associate Member). For further information, read the Membership and Dues section of the YWPHI Bylaws. Property owners new to Yosemite West, please read our welcome letter to you.
Current Membership Year
2012/13 Membership (9/1/2012-8/31/2013): 49 households (as of 8-31-2012)
Prior Membership Years
2011/12 Membership (9/1/2011-8/31/2012): 119 households
2010/11 Membership (9/1/2010-8/31/2011): 120 households
2009/10 Membership (9/1/2009-8/31/2010): 122 households
2008/09 Membership (9/1/2008-8/31/2009): 124 households
2007/08 Membership (9/1/2007-8/31/2008): 96 households
2006/07 Membership (9/1/2006-8/31/2007): 98 households
2005/06 Membership (9/1/2005-8/31/2006): 113 households
The annual membership cycle is from September 1 to August 31. The annual dues for membership in YWPHI is $35 per household. (Dues are not pro-rated for a portion of the year.)
New members can download a YWPHI Membership Form to complete and mail to YWPHI along with their dues:
Download a 2012-13 YWPHI Membership Form
Current and renewing members will receive an annual dues notice by email unless they have not provided YWPHI with an email address.
Alternatively, members can make payment to firstname.lastname@example.org via PayPal, or use the PayPal button below.
Please email the Treasurer with any questions.
Four easy-to-read charts show how your YWPHI membership dues have been spent. The charts summarize YWPHI's 2007 finances, and show and compare YWPHI's income and expenses for three years 2005-2007. Read a 2008-10 income and expense overview.
YWPHI publishes In The West, a community newsletter, and distributes it electronically to its membership. YWPHI endeavors to publish the newsletter three times a year - April, July-August, and October-November.
Visit the YWPHI newsletter archive to read past issues. The last issue of In the West will be posted to the archive when the next issue is published.
Members' & Readers' Comments
- "A most excellent newsletter! Thank you." Kay Pitts, November 2008
- "I do support community. I like your fire safety work. I love parties. Keep up your good work!" Jack Borok, August 2008
- "Thank you for e-newsletter and for your work for Yosemite West." Carolyn & Walter Fierson, August 2008
- "I just finally got around to reading the Yosemite West newsletter of April . Just wanted to let you know what a terrific job you did in explaining the work of the association and the importance of supporting itsí mission. It was informative, concise, and clear and it also helped that you delineated what the association did not do.
Please extend my thanks to the entire [YWPHI] Board [of Directors] for the work you all do to support the community, even us absent lot owners. " Lori Thompson, May 2008
- "What an amazing job you do of keeping us informed. So much appreciated." Jan Cohen, April 2008
- "I want to thank you for your efforts in keeping the out of towners
Mark Hayden, November 2006
- "It's been a pleasure and honor to be a member of the Yosemite West community."
Bill Dowdney, July 2006
- "Just a word of thanks!! You have done a great job of keeping us informed. The website is superb and we know from managing our own websites, it is no small task. So thank you for all your hard work!"
Pete & Betsy Regla, June 2006
- "Hats off for an excellent compilation of fire information! That newsletter [April 2006] is really a fantastic resource for all of us in the West and I appreciate all the effort that went into it. Thanks again for the great newsletter."
Tom Lambert, May 2006
- "Great job on In the West, continue to send ours over the e-mail, thanks."
Marilyn Wall, November 2005
- "We enjoy receiving your informative newsletters - excellent writing and content. Keep up the good work."
Dr. & Mrs. Frank Hutchinson, August 2005
- "I just downloaded and printed the latest newsletter. It's great to get it
so easily and with color photos also! Keep up the good work. Thanks."
Dan Diefenderfer, July 2005
"Keep up the good work. In The West looks great and I can count on it to keep me informed of all thatís going on."
Lori Thompson, May 2005
- "Thank you so much for your very detailed newsletter! Clearly, you are putting an enormous amount of time and effort into these projects, and as the Chair of the Mariposa County Fire Safe Council, I commend you."
Jan Hamilton, April 2005
- "Thanks for the great work."
Dexter and Georgeta Johnson, April 2005
- "We are just so appreciative of your work in enabling those of us who don't live up there all the time to keep up with things!!"
Jan Cohen, January 2005
- "You have done a great job with the YosemiteWest.org website; informative,
easy to navigate, useful, and of great benefit to the community, and folks
interested in learning more about Yosemite West."
Mike Maciaszek, May 2004
YWPHI updates the Yosemite West Emergency Telephone Tree annually each spring (most recently April 2008) and distributes it to homeowners. (The tree does not include vacant lot owners.) The telephone tree lists homeowners and their contact information. Its volunteer use is intended to systematically notify residents during an emergency or when a situation arises that affects the entire community. However, YWPHI, its members and officers, and those using this tree, cannot guarantee that anyone will receive timely and adequate notice of an emergency, and all liability is hereby disclaimed.
Homeowners can send an email to email@example.com to inform us of any changes to your contact information, to request a copy of the telephone tree, or to remove your name from the tree for any reason. By allowing your name to remain on the tree, you are expressly agreeing to waive all liability claims against YWPHI, its members and officers thereof, and those using this tree.
The Yosemite West Emergency Telephone Tree is for the exclusive use of Yosemite West homeowners and residents. Please keep the tree confidential, and do not forward it or provide copies to others for any purpose.
- "Thank you very much for your contribution to this VERY important Yosemite West resource."
Bob Woolard, April 2008
- "Thank you for your work on the telephone tree."
Donna Dowdney, April 2008
Telephone numbers and email addresses are not provided to third parties to protect members' privacy. YWPHI may distribute telephone numbers and email addresses for its own use and for use in emergencies.
Copyright text © Yosemite West Property & Homeowners, Inc. 2003-2012,
Copyright photographs © John Mock 2004-2012.
All rights reserved. Unauthorized redistribution of this document is prohibited. Updated August 31, 2012.